Register your own event
We know not everyone can get to a forum – and we also know that we need to make a lot of noise to make sure we are heard right across the country.
So we are asking our fantastic EAC community to take their own action in their own local community on May 3 to focus attention of the NDIS and what needs to be done to get it working the way we all want it to.
It can be as big (like a town hall event) or as small (like a morning tea), as you like, but get out there and do something to put you local community on the map for the National Day of Action.
Register your event now and we’ll display it on the website – but don’t worry, if your event is private we won’t publish the details.
FIND YOUR LOCAL CANDIDATES – COMING SOON
Ideas for events
We know you will have lots of great ideas about what you might do on May 3 to draw attention to the NDIS but we have come up with just a few ideas to get you started.
- You might like to contact your local paper with your own story about the NDIS – and what you think needs to change.
- You could hold a stall in your local shopping centre and ask people to sign the Make it Work petition
- If you are involved in a local organisation like a peer support group or advocacy organisation you could invite your local MP to your group that day and talk about the problems people are having – and what you think could be done about them
- You could hold a Town Hall meeting and invite local MPs and candidates along to answer questions about what they are going to do to get the NDIS back on track
- Are you at uni or TAFE that day? You could hold a stall and ask people to sign the Make it Work petition.
- Are you at work that day? You could bribe your colleagues with muffins or cake and ask them to sign the petition
- Up for something that really captures how frustrated you are? What about a protest in a public area?
These are just some really simple actions that would make a really big difference on May 3.